Scholarships and awards
Prizes are given to all merit holders in academics as well as extra-curricular activities
Ms. Revathi Gopalan award for girl topper in T.Y.B.Com. Exam instituted by Mr. S. Gopalan.
Smt. Savita Ambedkar award for girl topper in T.Y.B.Com. Exam instituted by Mr. Bansod.
Mr. DalbeerBhoee award for winner in the weekly quiz for the year instituted by Bhoee family.
Dr. R.L Chopra award for the best girl/ best boy in the Hindi literary events.
Mr. Jagadish Chandra Malhotra (IPS) award for the best girl/ best boy in the Marathi literary events.
Late ShriBankatlal L. Mantri award for the girl topper in F.Y.B.Com., S.Y.B.Com. and T.Y.B.Com. Instituted by Prin. Sunil B. Mantri.
Gebee Education Ltd award for topper in T.Y. classes of the B.M.S,B.Sc. I.T., B.Com (A&F), B.Com. (B&I), B.Com. (FM).
SC/ST, OBC freeship, scholarships and PTC freeship for wards for teachers.
Government post matric scholarship for learners belonging to the minority communities.
Recognition & Award
Gopinath Nadar of T.Y.B.Sc.IT won 2nd prize in NSE Innovation Awards 2020 with Rs.30,000 funding for the project
Won 2nd prize at Economic quiz & poster competition at Intercollegiate Economic Fest Arth Utsav at NK College (2019-20)
Won Bronze Medal in Indian group song at the finals of 52nd Youth Festival University of Mumbai (2019-20)
Our student Sujesh Menon represented University of Mumbai at Mauritius and performed classical song for the Prime Minister of Mauritius (2019-20)
Our student SUJESH MENON being felicitated by the Vice-Chancellor of University of Mumbai for winning the title “Golden Boy” for the second time at State level Inter-University (2019-20)
Gopinath Nadar from T.Y.B.Sc.IT received the Best Paper award at the National Conference (2019-20)
Folk dance team bagged Silver Medal at finals of Mumbai University Youth Festival (2019-20)
Folk Dance team bagged 2nd prize in Intercollegiate fest Malhar organised by St. Xavier College Mumbai (2019-20)
Casi Global CSR Diary, PWD and Govt of Maharashtra confered Community Leader Award 2019 to Principal Dr. Vijetha Shetty, Prof. Prabhakar Mausam and Prof. Greeshma on 22nd March 2019
1st prize in Street Play and 2nd Prize in Poster making competition in UDAAN Fest University of Mumbai (18-19)
Mr. Gopinath Nadar of S.Y.B.Sc.(I.T.) has keen interest and puts his efforts in IoT based projects. He brings laurels to the college by participating in various inter-collegiate competitions.
His achievements are
- He bagged 1st prize in “e-Environmentation” inter-collegiate competition organized by S.M.Shetty College,Powai.
- Bagged 1st prize in ‘Technomania’ inter-collegiate competition organized by J.M.Patel college, Goregaon
- 1st prize in ‘Build your IoT project’ at R.J. College, Ghatkopar.
- Participated in IoT challenge organized by IIT Mumbai at Jaipur.
- Avishkar Research: Avishkar Research Convention provides a platform to the students and teachers to develop their skills and explores areas of knowledge as well as unexplored areas of enquiry.
At National level Inter University Youth Festival, University of Mumbai bagged the National overall Championship trophy.
Sujesh Menon was the part of music team winning following prizes:
• First prize in third National level inter university Qawalli Competition.
• Gold medal in Folk Orchestra
• Gold medal in Western Group song
• Silver medal in Indian Group Song
Mr. Sujesh Menon represented Vivek College at the University Youth Festival, and at the finals, won following medals.
- Indian Light Vocal– Gold medal
- Indian Instrumental – Gold medal
- Indian Classical Vocals – Silver medal
- Natyasangeet – Silver medal
- Indian Folk Dance – Silver medal Mr. Sujesh Menon was selected in Mumbai University team. He represented University of Mumbai at the State level, Zonal level, National level and the International youth festivals. At State level Inter University Youth Festival, he won the title of State Level Golden Boy and University of Mumbai bagged the overall Championship trophy.
- Following are the events and prizes won by Sujesh at the State level University Youth festival:
- First prize in One act play & Western group song
- Second prize in Light Vocal & Indian Group Song
- Third prize in Classical Vocal & Indian Instrumental percussion
- Title of State Level Golden Boy
As per University Circular No. UG/01 of 2014 ordinance 6086.
Every bonafide learner shall ordinarily be allowed to keep terms for the given semester in a program of his enrolment, only if he fulfills at least seventy five percent (75%) of the attendance taken as an average of the total number of lectures, practicalâ€™s, tutorials etc. Wherein short and/or long excursions/ field visits/study tours organized by the college and supervised by the teachers as envisaged in the syllabus shall be credited to his attendance for the total no of periods which are otherwise delivered on the material day's.
Further it is mandatory for every learner to have min 50% attendance for each course & average attendance has to be 75%.
The same ratio shall be applied for computing the attendance of the learners by crediting the number of periods which are missed while participating in an extracurricular / co-curricular activity / competition / camp / workshop / convention / symposium / seminar etc. where the said learner is officially representing the college/ University/ District/ State/ Country with the permission of the Principal /Director/ Head of the College/ Institute/ University Department or by the direction of the University Officer as the case may be wherein for the purpose of computing the average attendance the periods missed for what is envisaged here-in-above, shall be deemed to have been attended by the said learner.
Performance Criterion 0.125
"To keep a term an undergraduate must complete to the satisfaction of the Principal, the course of study at the college prescribed for each term for the class to which such Learner belongs."Learners and parents are required to note that Learners who fail to satisfy the above mentioned criterion will not be allowed to appear for the term-end and/or annual examination, conducted by the college on behalf of the University or by University of Mumbai.
College Rules & Regulations
- Every Learner shall obtain, on admission, his identity card. The Learners shall always carry the I-Card with his / her photograph affixed thereon and attested, and shall present for inspection whenever demanded. No Learner will be allowed to attend the classes, tutorials, practicalâ€™s etc. unless he / she have the attested identity Card with him / her. The I-Card should be worn on his / her person throughout their presence in the college.
- Learners shall attend lectures, tutorials and practicals according to the Time Table on all working days of the College. Learners shall not remain absent during lectures, tutorials, practicalâ€™s and examination without prior permission of the Principal. Absence without prior permission may lead to loss of term.
- In case, the Learner remains absent even for a lecture, the Learner is required to submit a leave note duly signed by the parent/ guardian and report the same to the Class In charge, immediately after resuming college.
- Learners are required to attend lectures / tutorials / practical only in the classroom allotted to them
- Conduct of Learners in the classes as well as on the premises and in the vicinity of the college shall be such that will cause no disturbance to the fellow Learners or to the other classes.
- Learners shall not loiter in the corridors and disturb the classes.
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic drinks / tobacco / drugs are strictly prohibited in the college premises.
- Learners shall do nothing either inside or outside the College that will in any way interfere with its orderly administration and discipline.
- No society or association shall be formed in the College and no person will be invited to address a meeting without the Principal's prior permission.
- No Learner shall collect any money as contribution for picnic, trip or educational visit to some places, get-together, study - notes, charity or any other activity without the sanction of the Principal.
- The college does not arrange or organize picnics or pleasure trips.
- In College debates and other meeting, the chair shall be taken by a responsible person approved by the Principal and the subject of the debate shall have prior approvals of the Principal.
- Any and every communication/information to the outside agencies about the college matters should be routed with the permission of Principal.
- Learners are expected to take proper care of the college property and to help in keeping the college premises neat and tidy. Damage to the property of the College, e.g. disfiguring walls, doors, fitting and breaking furniture etc. is a breach of discipline and will be duly punished and can lead to rustication of the Learners.
- The Learners should not leave their books, valuable and other belonging in their Class-room / Gymkhana room / Ladies common room etc. whenever they move away from their rooms. The College is not responsible for property lost.
- If, for any reason the continuance of a Learner in the college is detrimental in the interest of the College, the Principal may ask such as Learner to leave the college without giving the reason for the decision and Principal's decision shall be final.
- Learners joining the college are expected to accept and observe all the rules and regulations of the college and to submit to the normal enforcement of the same to the satisfaction of the Principal whose decision in this regard shall be final.
- Learners should not contact any Government or Non-Government Agencies, directly. Such matters, if any, should be routed through the Principal.
- Uses Of Mobiles In The College Premises Is Strictly Not Allowed. If caught, the mobile phones will be confiscated and shall be returned at the end of the academic year or monitory fine will be imposed.
- Learners Are Required To Dress Decently.
- Learners Are Required To Be Inside The Classrooms 10 Minutes Prior To The Lecture Time.
- Learners are warned that if they are caught harassing freshers, physically or mentally, strict action will be taken against them.
- Matters not covered by the existing rules shall rest at absolute discretion of the Principal.
Click here to view
If you have problems - find out the solutions
If you have solutions - make the right choice
Dont stay confused - talk to our counsellor
Ms. Sonali Polkhe
Room : Counselling room (Ground floor next to Auditorium)
Day : Wednesday and Friday
Time : 10.30 a.m. 12.30 p.m.